WatchGuard AuthPoint® is the right solution to close the password-driven security gap that leaves companies vulnerable to a breach. It provides multi-factor authentication on an easy-to-use Cloud platform. Our unique approach adds “mobile phone DNA” as an identifying factor to ensure that only the correct individual is granted access to sensitive networks and Cloud applications.
Product Features and Benefits
- Effective MFA Protection with Mobile Device DNA – Multi-factor authentication requires users to supply information they know (username and password), and information provided on something they have, as well as other factors that can be associated to the specific individual. AuthPoint provides a highly secure MFA product using a push message, QR code, or one-time password (OTP); and our mobile device DNA matches the authorized user’s phone when granting access to systems and applications. Therefore, any attacker who clones a user’s device in an attempt to access a protected system would be blocked, since the device DNA would differ.
- Broad Coverage with Web SSO – Stop worrying about remembering countless complex passwords. AuthPoint’s secure single sign-on (SSO) makes logins quick and easy. In addition WatchGuard’s ecosystem includes dozens of 3rd party integrations with AuthPoint – allowing companies to require users to authenticate before accessing sensitive Cloud applications, VPNs and networks. AuthPoint supports the SAML standard, permitting users to log in once to access a full range of applications and services. In addition, the secure login feature provides online and offline authentication to Windows and Mac machines using the AuthPoint app.
- Easy-to-Use AuthPoint Mobile App – WatchGuard’s AuthPoint app allows users to authenticate right from their own phone! No need to carry key fobs or thumb drives; instead install and activate the AuthPoint app in seconds, and then use it to authenticate from a smartphone. It enables speedy push-based authentication as well as offline authentication using QR codes with the phone’s camera. The app is available in 13 languages and downloads free of charge from the App Store and Google Play.
- A Low TCO Cloud-Based Service – Companies with limited IT staff and security expertise benefit from MFA protection that’s easy to deploy and manage from the Cloud. AuthPoint runs on the WatchGuard Cloud platform and is available from wherever you are. There is no need to install software, schedule upgrades or manage patches. Moreover, the platform easily accommodates a single global account view or many independent accounts, so that distributed enterprises and managed service providers can display only the data relevant to a person’s role.
Provision and Invoice
- Order the AuthPoint Subscription License for $0 through distribution subscription platform
- The Subscription License will be automatically activated inside the reseller WatchGuard Cloud account within minutes, giving all customer accounts under the reseller ability to add unlimited users with immediate product feature access (reseller can set a limit for each customer’s usage)
- On the 1st of each month, the current total Subscription users will be invoiced for the current month, new or removed users during the prior month will not be prorated and other active licenses will not be counted
Links and downloads
- AuthPoint brochure: LINK
- AuthPoint datasheet: LINK
- AuthPoint integration guides: LINK
- AuthPoint Review from a Reseller: LINK
- More AuthPoint Reviews: LINK
- WatchGuard is well positioned to address the needs of SMBs and Large Businesses
- These categories combined represent the mid-market sweet spot we have identified at WatchGuard
- Managed Service Providers
- IT professionals
Recommended Use Cases
- VPNs / Remote Access
- Cloud Applications – Web SSO
- PC Login – Online Authentication
- PC Login – Offline Authentication