Active Directory is the primary target of attackers who stealthily raid companies’ most vital assets
Our industry wrongly modelizes advanced attacks as flows that begin outside your organization, fly through networks and endpoints to eventually reach your data and vital assets.
Unfortunately, this model ignores the ubiquitous, all-powerful overseer that orchestrates literally everything in your IT infrastructure: Active Directory. Which, as a consequence, receives too little attention from IT security specialists, and far too much attention.
Current defense solutions are failing
With static infrastructure and unstable security solutions, it’s a feeding frenzy for hackers and attacks. Attacks on Active Directory have risen substantially, not to mention the depth of the attacks. Attackers for years have wanted to be able to attack the environment without generating any tracks or events. This is exactly what many of the new attacks allow.
These new attacks are making traditional monitoring solutions ineffective against detecting the attacks or any information related to the attacks. Attacks today are leveraging the foundational concepts on which AD and Microsoft are built, bypassing any event logging or change tracking that these AD monitoring solutions have been able to see for years. The attackers are leveraging lateral movement and privilege escalation to get to the domain domination phase in only a few hours or days. Here are some of the modern attacks/concepts that are plaguing AD today:
- Password spray
- Service Principal Name
- adminCount and adminSDHolder
Alsid for AD
Alsid’s agentless solution hardens your directory infrastructure, enriches your SOC capabilities with AD threat detection, and empowers your incident response and hunting teams into investigating AD-related threats.
1. Find & fix existing weaknesses
- Immediately discover, map, and score existing weaknesses
- Follow our step-by-step remediation tactics and prevent attacks
2. Continuously uncover new attack pathways
- Continuously identify new vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Break attack pathways and keep your threat exposure in check
3. Detect ongoing attacks in real-time
- Get alerts and actionable remediation plans on AD attacks
- Help your SOC team visualize notifications & alerts in your SIEM
4. Investigate incidents & hunt for threats
- Search and correlate AD changes at object and attribute levels
- Trigger response playbooks in your SOAR
Alsid for AD provides all these capabilities in real-time without requiring any agent or special privilege to operate.